Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dallas Braden = Perfect


Yeah, I could be watching the Angels get destroyed by the Mariners, or the Rangers push us even further back in the division. But no. Once the game got into the 5th inning, I switched over to the Rays-Athletics match-up. Dallas Braden had a no-hitter (and Perfect Game) going into the fifth, so that intrigued me.

He finished off the Rays. 27 up, 27 down. He truly was perfect. No special defensive plays were needed. He had incredible control of all his pitches. He was painting the corners with all his pitches. He never looked tired, or intimidated. He looked like the best pitcher in baseball today. Is he? Not even close. But today he was.

I'd like to say "oh, this couldnt have happened to a better guy", but it could have. Dallas is a bit of a jerk. Even if he is right, he can seem a bit cocky about anything. I dont think this perfect game will help, but we'll see what happens with that.

Today, all that matters is that Dallas Braden, from Stockton, California, was perfect. I dont know how bright his future is. He is 18-22 for his career, with decent stuff. But he is only 26, and at this point, all of Major League Baseball's eyes are on him.

A few thoughts:
- Oakland's Color Commentator was so incredibly dry, I actually missed Gubicza.
- I LOVE Pink Bats
- Scioscia was trying to lose today. Wood, Quinlan and Willits were our 7, 8 and 9 hitters. Please...

Angels Record: 14-18 (soon to be 14-19)
Outlook: Who cares? I got to see a perfect game.

No comments:

Post a Comment