Friday, May 7, 2010

Wait... We won? This cant be right.


I... I... I dont know what to say. I'm in shock. Not only did we win, but we completely outplayed the other team. 8 runs, 3 home runs, a commanding pitching performance (2 hits allowed).

Jeff Weaver had his best start of the season. Scot "LOL" Shields looked like he knew how to pitch again. Juan Rivera, The OTHER Howard and Incrediboy Ryan Budde all went deep.

Weaver not only had his best stuff of the season, but he also took a no hitter into the 7th (thanks a lot, Ken Griffey Jr.). I honestly only kept the game on because of the chance of a no hitter.

I have nothing bad to say the Angels as a whole today, but is Brandon Wood seriously going to strike out EVERY time he has the bat in his hands? He might as well never leave the dugout. Just give the pitcher a strikeout and lets get on with our lives. I truly hope this Michael Ryan kid can replace him sooner rather than later. Also, I think maybe Ryan Budde should start in place of Napoli for the rest of the season. Good luck to Matt Palmer who is probably going to be spending a good chunk of time in Triple A. But he is used to that, so whatever.

Unfortunately, Jeff Weaver... er... Joe Saunders is on the hill tomorrow. Hopefully we can put up a ton of runs again. We WOULD throw up an 8 spot in a game where we only needed 1.

Angels Record: 13-18
Outlook: Baffled but still catious

No comments:

Post a Comment